UFA Credit Foundation Sholarships | Growing Alberta Scholarship | 4-H Alberta Scholarship | Grande Prairie 4-H District Scholarship | Hansen Scholarship | Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship | Excellence Award for Ag Students | Keith Gilmore Scholarships | Monsanto Canada | 4-H Scholarships at the University of Lethbridge | OYF Memorial Scholarship | Tonia Post-Secondary Scholarships | AltaLink Centennial Scholarship | Canadian Natural Resources Limited | Excellence in Ag Program | Stacey Levitt Award | CABEF Scholarships
Scholarship is now OPEN
Deadline May 15 at 3:00 pm - available online March-May
We have completed updating our scholarship website and invite our 4-H youth to start the scholarship application process.
By completing one online application, 4-H members will be considered for all of the 4-H Alberta Scholarships for which they are eligible. Applicants can only receive one (1) 4-H Alberta Scholarship (up to $2,500!), but may also receive a region or district scholarship in the same application year.
2018 Scholarship Statistics
236 complete applications received
202 scholarships awarded totaling close to $150,000
Highest scholarship payout in 2017: $3,750 for multiple scholarship (one provincial + one regional + one district)
- You must be a past or present member of a 4-H Alberta Club.
- You may apply for a 4-H scholarship every year that you are a full time post-secondary student at an officially recognized institution.
- Successful applicants must provide proof that they are attending a post secondary institution as a full time student.
How to Apply - follow all instructions precisely or your application will not be accepted
- Click here to go to application
- What information do you need to have to apply for the scholarship?
- Information for Dial Up Users
- Create a user name and password (if you previously applied for a scholarship, use the same login information)
- Read all information, instructions, and criteria’s
- Complete the 4-H Alberta Scholarship Application completely and accurately
- Submit any additional information required for Region and District Scholarships
- Request your 2018-2019 years education transcript be sent directly to the 4-H Foundation of Alberta
- Deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm
If you wish to view the application and not apply for scholarships
- Please do not create a login if you wish to only view the application form and not apply. If you are a leader, key leader, parents, etc. please contact the 4-H Foundation of Alberta for login information.
Bianca von Nagy
4-H Foundation of Alberta
Growing Alberta Scholarship
Click here for application
Deadline Jan 31
Administered by the 4-H Foundation of Alberta
Applications MUST be electronically processed as well as complete. Please submit your application to your Student Awards Office not later than Jan 31, 2019.
- Must be a resident of Alberta and have graduated from an Alberta high school.
- Must be in an agriculture or agriculture related program and have completed the first year of study (i.e. applicant must be enrolled in the second year or higher)
- Must have good academic standing. Include a copy of your college transcripts (scan sufficient).
- By outlining career goals, applicant must show commitment towards the advancement of Alberta agriculture.
- Complete a written essay (500 words max, details are in the application). Please be specific when you answer the questions
- Deadline for applications is January 31, 2019. Application form and supporting materials must be electronically processed (PDF and word, except picture and transcript), complete, and sent electronically (through your Student Awards Office, see eligible institutions below and contacts in the application). Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
- You must submit a photo with your application. Photo must be suitable for publishing – a grad picture is ideal. Photocopies (hardcopies) are not suitable. Scanned and emailed photos are accepted.
- 4-H experience is not mandatory to qualify for this award.
- Grande Prairie Regional College – Fairview Campus
- Lakeland College
- Lethbridge College
- NAIT - Edmonton Campus
- Olds College
Successful recipients will be notified by email and will be requested to submit their Social Insurance Number and required banking information before funds are released in March 2019.
Funds will be issued via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
For more information contact
Bianca von Nagy
4-H Foundation of Alberta
UFA Credit Foundation Scholarships
Deadline: Jul 31, 2019
UFA has proudly supported 4-H programming in Alberta for almost 80 years as part of our commitment to our members and the work they do to feed Canada and the world. Growing the capacity of the next generation of agricultural leaders is part of it! We want to help raise future farmers and ranchers who are to financially literate, understand co-operative values and are responsible with their credit.
That’s why we’re introducing the UFA Credit Foundation program!
4-H members who apply with a UFA member in good standing can get up to $3,000 in credit to UFA Farm and Ranch Supply stores to help with their annual projects. You’ll also get hands-on experience applying for and managing credit, and the satisfaction of repaying your loan at the end of a project well done.
Scholarship Overview and Criteria:
Application deadline: July 31, 2019
Award Date: First Monday after Labour Day long weekend
Participated in the UFA Credit Foundation program in the past year
Ages 16 to 18
Accepted to attend a post-secondary education institution in September of the award year
Candidates must submit a 1,000-word essay about their experience in the UFA Credit Foundation Program
The essay will be judged on how well the candidate explains their how their learning outcomes related to three program objectives will impact their approach to their finances as part of a career in agriculture:
Financial Literacy /30 pts.
Co-operative Education /30 pts.
Responsible Credit Use /30 pts.
The presentation and quality of writing will be judged out of 10
Please directly connect with our partners at UFA at UFA.Communications@ufa.com if you have any questions or would like to submit your application.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Deadline - Apr 15 - studies start in the Spring
Deadline - Aug 15 - studies start in the Fall
Deadline - Dec 15 - studies start in the Winter
Scholarships up to $3,000 are available for technical or trades training related to the oil and natural gas industry.
Q: Who is eligible to apply?
Students in communities where Canadian Natural has operations are eligible to apply. Priority will go to those applicants seeking training in trades and technical areas related to the oil and natural gas industry. Potential for employment at field operations is an important consideration.
The Building Futures Scholarship Program accepts applications from students in all stages of their academic lives: mature students, part-time students, students with some post-secondary education, or those just finishing Grade 12. You need at least a C+ average and a commitment to maintain at least that average to be eligible.
Q: What type of training and education is Canadian Natural most interested in supporting?
The focus of the scholarship program is on training and education that will provide a student with career opportunities in oil and natural gas field operations. For example, previous scholarship winners have taken programs in such diverse areas as power engineering, mine operations, heavy equipment operations, instrumentation technology and petroleum engineering technology.
Q: Is there a set amout for each scholarship?
The amount of each scholarship is based upon student need as identified in the estimated expenses that must be submitted with each application. The Building Futures Advisory Committee, which includes representation from Aboriginal communities and Canadian Natural production, operations and community relations staff, has the flexibility to determine how many scholarships are awarded and their amounts. The maximum scholarship is $3,000.
Scholarship information found at: Buidling Futures Scholarship Brochure
Scholarship application found at: Building Futures Scholarship Application
Building Futures: A great place to start - Training and Education Program
Tronia Post-Secondary Scholarships
Deadline Oct 12
Application Form | Guidelines
Tronia is proud to offer two $975 scholarships that are awarded annually to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities through school and community involvement while maintaining a superior academic standing. Tronia Systems looks forward to supporting the agribusiness industry with these incentives to our managers of the future.
2018 Scholarships Eligibility
This competition is open to all students enrolled in an agribusiness or related program. Recipients will be chosen based on leadership qualities, demonstrated involvement in extracurricular and community activities, and academic standing.
To apply for the scholarships, you must:
- provide proof of enrollment at a recognized Canadian institution in agribusiness or a related field
- possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated by community or school involvement
- have an academic average of 80% or higher in the last semester or last
How to Apply
335 Carleton Drive
ST. ALBERTA AB T8N 7L1
Toll Free: 888-987-6642 (North America only)
Excellence in Ag Program
Deadline Oct 15
The scholarship has a value of up to $20,000, with up to $5,000 per year paid over a maximum of four years.
The scholarship will be paid in instalments and is contingent upon successful completion of courses and internships.
Paid summer internships will be available for up to three years at a retail co-operative in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.
In addition to salary, a monthly living allowance will be provided for the length of the internship.
During an internship, students will be fully integrated into the agriculture team at a retail co-op. Their duties will relate to applying agronomy and performing customer service.
Upon successful completion of post-secondary education, students have the opportunity for full-time employment at a retail co-operative.
A signing bonus may be available for students accepting an offer of employment at a retail co-operative.
Employment will build upon the experience gained during summer internships.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Be entering or already enrolled in a diploma or degree program in agriculture or business at an accredited post-secondary institution
Maintain a minimum average of 75 per cent in the most recently completed full-time school year
Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent-resident status
How to apply
Please submit application and all necessary documents to
FCL Home Office by mail:
Crop Supplies - Excellence in Ag Program
Federated Co-operatives Limited
P.O. Box 1050
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See details at: www.coopag.ca
Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship
Scholarship is now CLOSED
The application will be available again in 2019
We are currently reviewing the 2018 Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship applications. Recipients will be selected and contacted in September 2018.
Since 2008, the Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship has awarded multiple $2,000 scholarships each year in honour of Elmer and Ona Hansen.
Thanks to the generosity, leadership, and passion of those incredible 4-H enthusiasts, the 4-H Foundation will now be able to award its largest scholarship yet.
Starting in 2018, the 4-H Foundation of Alberta will award ten (10) Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarships, worth a total of $80,000! The scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- First place will receive a $20,000 scholarship;
- Second place will receive a $15,000 scholarship;
- Third place will receive a $10,000 scholarship; and
- Fourth to tenth place will receive seven (7) scholarships at $5,000 each.
We are thrilled, honoured, and proud to continue the Hansen/ Ness Legacy in such a meaningful way!
For more information please contact:
Bianca von Nagy
Director, Philanthropy and Planned Giving
4-H Foundation of Alberta
The 4-H Alberta Scholarship Webinar was held March 22 - Click here to access the 4-H Alberta Scholarship Webinar
4-H Alberta Scholarship - Online Application Frequently Asked Questions from the March 22 Webinar
Grande Prairie 4-H District Scholarship
in Partnership with Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC)
Deadline May 15 - available on-line Mar-May
Scholarship | Click on the NADC web site, to download the application
Two scholarships of $1000.00 each are offered annually.
Student candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Alberta based on Student Finance Regulations, and have a minimum three year residency in Alberta immediately prior to the application date.
- Be enrolled full time in a post secondary program recognized by Alberta Advanced Education, excluding first year students. (students must be entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in the Fall.)
- Have been a member of the Grande Prairie 4-H District in Alberta for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Have a financial need to qualify for funding (please note: students will not be eligible if they are receiving Employment Insurance, and may not be eligible if they are receiving a training allowance during their studies)
- Commit to living and working in northern Alberta for a specified amount of time upon graduation.
- Have reasonably good prospects for employment in northern Alberta after graduation.
Scholarship application process:
- Complete the Alberta 4-H Scholarship application (see above for the application link) and complete by the deadline (May 5). They will forward the application to the Grande Prairie 4-H District scholarship committee.
- Tick the box on the application that indicates interest in the Grande Prairie 4-H District scholarship.
- Write a paragraph of at least 200 words detailing your involvement with 4-H after leaving the Grande Prairie district. (This is part of the 4-H application)
- Supply two (2) letters of reference.
- Complete the NADC scholarship application - click here to download application and forward to Grande Prairie District.
- Send complete package to the address shown below postmarked by May 5. Package should include 200 word paragraph, 2 reference letters, and NADC scholarship application.
Grande Prairie 4-H District
Unit 90, 10001 - 101 Ave
GRANDE PRAIRIE AB T8V 0X9
Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship
Deadline Apr 30
The objective of the Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship is to develop leadership from within Canada's rural industries, communities and from the practices of agriculture.
If you're involved in farming or an agriculture-related industry and feel that it's time to step back and take a look at the bigger picture on a worldwide scale, then being awarded a Nuffield Farming Scholarship could be just the challenge you need. Why not look at things from a different perspective - and then send us an Application Form. To do that, go HERE.
Each year, Nuffield Canada grants limited scholarships to a few applicants who are Canadian Citizens between 25 and 45 and who already work in agriculture. This group includes farmers, foresters, growers, farm managers and anyone with an influence in these fields. Selected applicants are those the Selection Committee feel will be able to contribute and innovate within their respective fields upon their return to Canada.
We look for people with very special qualities - since there is no prior academic level of achievement required, a scholarship is far more achievable than you may think. The rewards are tremendous for those who are selected and the industry within which each one will work benefits greatly.
Contact: Nuffield Canada Scholarships
Excellence Award for Ag Students
Deadline May 6
FMC and the Canadian Association of Diploma in Agriculture Programs (CADAP) have once again partnered to offer the Excellence Award for Agriucltural Students. The Award encourages agricultural students to enhance their communication skills and raises awareness of the importance of farm business management.
Each year, Farm Management Canada collects submissions from agricultural students across Canada and awards three deserving students with money towards their ag education. This competition continues to be a popular means of connecting with the next generation while challenging them to reflect on the important issues facing our industry. FMC takes great pride in exposing these young minds to the rest of Canada - to encourage nad inspire! Awards are issued in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place categories.
For the 2017-18 competition, students are asked to submit a multimedia presentation, a video, a Twitter chat, a blog or a Wiki, respondging to the following question:
What aspects of the North American Free Trade AGreement (NAFTA) should be addressed and amended in the current negotiations that will benefit Canada's agriculture sector?
The deadline for applications is May 6, 2018. The winners will be announced in June 2018.
Farm Management Canada
613-237-9060 x24 or 1-888-232-3262 x24
Deadline May 31
Monsanto Fund's Commitment to Education - By assisting young people in their pursuit of a college or university education in agriculture or food, we are investing in their future careers – and in the future of agriculture and food production in Canada.
Monsanto Fund is Helping Build Careers - The Monsanto Fund Opportunity Scholarship Program is available to Canadian high school students who are enrolled in their final year of high school as of May 29, 2018 and eligible to graduate from high school in 2018. Those eligible for a scholarship must be planning to enroll at a Canadian post‑secondary institution (degree or diploma) in a first-year agriculture, food science or culinary program.
If you have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, you can still apply for a Monsanto Fund Opportunity Scholarship. However, if you are awarded a scholarship, you must provide an acceptance letter from your educational institution.
Successful applicants will each be awarded a scholarship valued at $1,500, based on demonstrated academic standards and leadership in the community. Selection will be made by an independent panel.
For additional information and application forms, please visit: www.monsanto.ca
Keith Gilmore Scholarships
Deadline May 1 or Jun 1
The Keith Gilmore Foundation was established in 1987 with its headquarters located at the Canadian Hereford Association in Calgary, Alberta. It was established to provide scholarships to worthy applicants in the fields of agriculture,veterinary medicine and agricultural journalism. The foundation is named in honour of the late Keith Gilmore, editor and publisher of The Canadian Hereford Digest for 30 years. It recognizes his contribution to the Hereford breed, agricultural journalism and the beef cattle industry.
Up to ten (10) scholarships are available and are awarded each year in the later part of August.
CJHA KGF "Future of the Breed" Scholarship - deadline May 1
Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation - deadline Jun 1
Hereford Youth Scholarship - deadline Jun 1
For additional information and application forms, please visit: Keith Gilmore Scholarships
4-H Scholarships at the University of Lethbridge!
deadline Jun 15
$15,000 in 4-H Awards available at the U of L
The Faculty of Arts & Science is thrilled to offer all senior 4-H members in Alberta the chance to win your share of $15,000 in Tuition Credits for fall 2012 enrolment on our Lethbridge campus
Register for programs like: Agricultural Studies, Agricultural Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Remote Sensing and multitude of other internationally recognized degrees
Deadline to apply is June 15
Fifteen (15) awards of $1,000 each will be given to selected applicants accepted as new high school students into the Faculty of Arts and Science BA, BSc or BASc programs, regardless of major, for the 2012/2013 academic year. The applicant must be an active member of a 4-H Alberta club at the time of application, and have a permanent mailing address within the province of Alberta prior to enrollment at the UofL. The student must be registered for the Spring 2013, in addition to the Fall 2012 semester, to receive the funds. Winners will be chosen by random draw, with only one entry per person accepted. Selection and notification of the 4-H Alberta Entrance Awards will occur by July 1.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://www.uleth.ca/ross/student-finance/external-awards
OYF Memorial Scholarship
Deadline Jun 30
Canada’s Outstanding Young Farmers Program is proud to introduce the OYF Memorial Scholarship, to be awarded annually to an individual pursuing post secondary education in agriculture. This scholarship has been made possible through the foresight of one of our alumni, Martin Streef (Ontario 1996). Martin’s dedication to agriculture and the OYF program will help future generations to pursue their own passion for agriculture.
Two $1000 scholarships awarded annually
One scholarship will be awarded to an individual entering post secondary education from high school. The
second scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has already completed at least one year of post
Open to any individual in Canada pursuing post secondary education leading to a diploma or degree in agriculture.
How to Apply:
Each applicant will be required to fill out this application form and forward it and the other requirements to the OYF Program Manager by June 30th
Carla Kaeding, OYF Program Manager
109 Cedar Crescent Box 229
CHURCHBRIDGE SK S0A 0M0
AltaLink launched the Centennial Scholarship program for rural students at post-secondary institutions throughout Alberta.
The $2,000 awards are available to students who hail from a rural Alberta community and are available to students attending SAIT, Bow Valley College, Lethbridge Community College, Red Deer College, Olds College and NAIT.
Stacey Levitt Award
Deadline Mar 1
On Line Application
The Stacey Levitt Memorial Award was created in memory and celebration of Stacey’s life by her family through Parachute. This annual student award encourages Canadian youth to embody Stacey’s qualities and ideals and Parachute’s overarching goal of a long life lived to the fullest, while maintaining an approach that is rooted in risk management and injury prevention.
The Levitt family will award the selected recipient $2,500 in funding to help them live their life to the fullest. The award could be put towards an educational endeavour, engagement in sports, or investment in a travel experience – all pursuits that would have resonated with Stacey. Award recipients are expected to write a reflection on the impact of the funding on their life, due within one year of the distribution of funds.
Open to all students currently attending a Canadian secondary school; applicants must complete an application package including:
A completed Application Form
A letter of recommendation from an individual with first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s involvement in their school or community.
- A short essay (2 pages, size 12 font) addressing the following questions:
- How do you demonstrate a long life lived to the fullest?
- How are you helping others to achieve this?
- How do you demonstrate Parachute’s brand values of nobility, courage, and inclusivity?
- If successful, how do you intend to use the funding provided by the Stacey Levitt Memorial Award?
The top five applicants will be interviewed by Parachute. A recommendation will be forwarded to the Levitt family for final selection
For more information:
Deadline Apr 30
CABEF (Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation) awards six $2,500 scholarship annually to students enrolling in an agricultural university or college. These scholarships are funded through general donations from agri-business and people involved in the agricultural industry.
Grade 12 students from across Canada are invited to apply for one of six scholarships awarded annually. One scholarship will be awarded inthe provinces of Alberta, Sasatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec, with one additional scholarship to be awarded in the rest of or all of Canada.
Applicants will be assessed on a combination of their leadership attributes, academic standing, and essay response to the question "“What do you consider to be the three main opportunities for the Canadian agricultural industry and which one inspires you the most?”
For more information:
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- ALIS (Alberta Learning Information Service) - Scholarships and Bursaries
- Student Awards - scholarships, grants, cash awards - www.studentawards.com
- Scholarships Canada - www.scholarshipscanada.com
None availalbe at this time - please check back later for more information