AEF Scholarship Package | Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship | Excellence Award for Ag Students | Keith Gilmore Scholarships | Monsanto Canada | 4-H Scholarships at the University of Lethbridge | OYF Memorial Scholarship | Tonia Post-Secondary Scholarships | AltaLink Centennial Scholarship | Canadian Natural Resources Limited | Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship | Excellence in Ag Program | Stacey Levitt Award | CABEF Scholarships
4-H Canada Scholarships
Deadline May 31 – available online March-May
Click here for more information
4-H Alberta Scholarships
Scholarship is CLOSED
Deadline May 5 – available online March-May
4-H Alberta offers members the opportunity to individually realize up to $2,500 in provincial scholarship funds.
By completing one online application, 4-H members will be considered for all of the 4-H Alberta Scholarships for which they are eligible. Applicants can only receive one (1) 4-H Alberta Scholarship, but may also receive a region or district scholarship each year. A number of regional and district scholarships are available to 4-H members also by filling out the online application.
2015 Scholarship Statistics
186 complete applications received
108 scholarships awarded totaling over $93,325
20 out of 112 scholarships are agricultural related
92 scholarships are for students in any program of study
58 scholarships for a specific municipality, district, or region
2015 4-H Alberta Scholarship Recipient Listing
- You must be a past or present member of a 4-H Alberta Club for a minimum of 3 years.
- You may apply for a 4-H scholarship every year that you are a full time post-secondary student at an officially recognized institution.
- Successful applicants must provide proof that they are attending a post secondary institution as a full time student.
How to Apply - follow all instructions precisely or your application will not be accepted
- Click here to go to application
- What information do you need to have to apply for the scholarship?
- Information for Dial Up Users
- Create a user name and password (if you applied in 2014 use the same login information)
- Read all information, instructions, and criteria’s
- Complete the 4-H Alberta Scholarship Application completely and accurately
- Submit any additional information required for Region and District Scholarships
- Request your 2014-2015 years education transcript be sent directly to the 4-H Foundation of Alberta
- Deadline to submit your application is May 5, 2016 before midnight
If you wish to view the application and not apply for scholarships
- Please do not create a login if you wish to only view the application form and not apply. If you are a leader, key leader, parents, etc. please contact the 4-H Foundation of Alberta for login information.
Grande Prairie 4-H District Scholarship
in Partnership with Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC)
Deadline May 5 - available on-line Mar-May
Scholarship | Click on the NADC web site, to download the application
Two scholarships of $1000.00 each are offered annually.
Student candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Alberta based on Student Finance Regulations, and have a minimum three year residency in Alberta immediately prior to the application date.
- Be enrolled full time in a post secondary program recognized by Alberta Advanced Education, excluding first year students. (students must be entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in the Fall.)
- Have been a member of the Grande Prairie 4-H District in Alberta for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Have a financial need to qualify for funding (please note: students will not be eligible if they are receiving Employment Insurance, and may not be eligible if they are receiving a training allowance during their studies)
- Commit to living and working in northern Alberta for a specified amount of time upon graduation.
- Have reasonably good prospects for employment in northern Alberta after graduation.
Scholarship application process:
- Complete the Alberta 4-H Scholarship application (see above for the application link) and complete by the deadline (May 5). They will forward the application to the Grande Prairie 4-H District scholarship committee.
- Tick the box on the application that indicates interest in the Grande Prairie 4-H District scholarship.
- Write a paragraph of at least 200 words detailing your involvement with 4-H after leaving the Grande Prairie district. (This is part of the 4-H application)
- Supply two (2) letters of reference.
- Complete the NADC scholarship application - click here to download application and forward to Grande Prairie District.
- Send complete package to the address shown below postmarked by May 5. Package should include 200 word paragraph, 2 reference letters, and NADC scholarship application.
Grande Prairie 4-H District
Unit 90, 10001 - 101 Ave
GRANDE PRAIRIE AB T8V 0X9
Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship
Deadline Jan 22
Administered by the 4-H Foundation of Alberta
Applications MUST be word processed and complete.
Deadline for applications is January 22, 2016.
- Students must be enrolled in an Alberta post-secondary institution.
- Students must be a resident of Alberta (must provide proof of three years attendance at an Alberta high school). Attach a copy of your high school transcript to your application form.
- Must be a rural farm resident (rural is defined as all jurisdictions outside of Edmonton and Calgary)
- Applicant must show community involvement
- Applicant must demonstrate the necessity to leave home to pursue a post-secondary education or trade
- Recipients can receive the scholarship more than once, however a GPA of 3.0 must be maintained
- You must submit a photo with your application. Photo must be suitable for publication – a grad picture is ideal. Photocopied or scanned photos are not suitable.
- 4-H experience is not mandatory to qualify for this award.
- Funds will be issued via EFT in March, 2016, upon receipt of your Social Insurance Number and an official confirmation of enrolment from your post-secondary institution. Your confirmation of enrolment must be dated after your classes start in January.
- Minimum of 5 scholarships will be awarded at $2,000 each.
For more information contact
4-H Foundation of Alberta
Toll Free: 1-877-682-2153
AEF Scholarship Package
Apply by Feb 26 or May 31
The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) 2016 Scholarship Package is now available. The scholarship is intended for those interested in pursuing an equine-related post-secondary education. The AEF offers scholarships to active members who exemplify the objectives, vision and mission of the AEF. To apply for the AEF Educational Scholarship, please view the AEF Scholarship and Information Package available on the AEF website. Applicants will be notified by August 1. Additional financial support from Capri Insurance has enabled the AEF to offer an increased number of scholarships to AEF members annually.
Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship
Deadline Apr 30
The objective of the Nuffield Canada Farming Scholarship is to develop leadership from within Canada's rural industries, communities and from the practices of agriculture.
If you're involved in farming or an agriculture-related industry and feel that it's time to step back and take a look at the bigger picture on a worldwide scale, then being awarded a Nuffield Farming Scholarship could be just the challenge you need. Why not look at things from a different perspective - and then send us an Application Form. To do that, go HERE.
Each year, Nuffield Canada grants limited scholarships to a few applicants who are Canadian Citizens between 25 and 45 and who already work in agriculture. This group includes farmers, foresters, growers, farm managers and anyone with an influence in these fields. Selected applicants are those the Selection Committee feel will be able to contribute and innovate within their respective fields upon their return to Canada.
We look for people with very special qualities - since there is no prior academic level of achievement required, a scholarship is far more achievable than you may think. The rewards are tremendous for those who are selected and the industry within which each one will work benefits greatly.
Contact: Nuffield Canada Scholarships
Excellence Award for Ag Students
Deadline May 6
Farm Management Canada (FMC) and the Canadian Association of Diploma in Agriculture Programs (CADAP) are once again partnering to offer the Excellence Award for Agricultural Students.
The Award encourages agricultural students to enhance their communication skills and raises awareness of the importance of farm business management. Each year, Farm Management Canada collects submissions from agricultural students across Canada and awards three deserving students with money towards their ag education.
This competition continues to be a popular means of connecting with the next generation while challenging them to reflect on the important issues facing our industry. FMC takes great pride in exposing these young minds to the rest of Canada – to encourage and inspire!
Awards will be issued in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place categories. 1st place stands to win $1500!
For the 2015-16 competition, student must submit a multimedia presentation, a video, a Twitter chat, a blog or a Wiki, responding to the following question:
What top 3 priorities should Canada's agricultural industry focus on in order to be a leading agricultural body going forward? How will you, as a new graduate, positively contribute to these priorities?
*All applications must be received no later than May 6th, 2016.
Farm Management Canada
613-237-9060 or 1-888-232-3262
Keith Gilmore Scholarships
Deadline Jun 1
The Keith Gilmore Foundation was established in 1987 with its headquarters located at the Canadian Hereford Association in Calgary, Alberta. It was established to provide scholarships to worthy applicants in the fields of agriculture,veterinary medicine and agricultural journalism. The foundation is named in honour of the late Keith Gilmore, editor and publisher of The Canadian Hereford Digest for 30 years. It recognizes his contribution to the Hereford breed, agricultural journalism and the beef cattle industry.
Up to ten (10) scholarships are available and are awarded each year in the later part of August.
For additional information and application forms, please visit: Keith Gilmore Scholarships
Deadline Jun 15
How to Apply | Press Release
The Monsanto Fund is proud to support post-secondary education opportunities for farm families. By assisting young people from farm backgrouns in their pursuit of a college or university education in agriculture, we are investing in their future careers - and in the future of the agriculture industry in Canada.
Monsanto Fund is Helping Build Careers in Agriculture
The Monsanto Fund Opportunity Scholarship Program is for Canadian high school students from family farms who have successfully enrolled at a Canadian educational institution (degree or diploma) in a first-year agriculture program.
If you have applied for entry into a college or university, but have not yet been accepted, you can still apply for a Monsanto Fund Opportunity Scholarship. However, if you are awarded a scholarship, you must provide an acceptance letter from your educational institution.
Successful applicants will each be awarded a scholarship valued at $1500, based on demonstrated academic standards and leadership in the community. Selection will be made by an independent panel.
For additional information and application forms, please visit: www.monsanto.ca
4-H Scholarships at the University of Lethbridge!
deadline Jun 15
$15,000 in 4-H Awards available at the U of L
The Faculty of Arts & Science is thrilled to offer all senior 4-H members in Alberta the chance to win your share of $15,000 in Tuition Credits for fall 2012 enrolment on our Lethbridge campus
Register for programs like: Agricultural Studies, Agricultural Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Remote Sensing and multitude of other internationally recognized degrees
Deadline to apply is June 15
Fifteen (15) awards of $1,000 each will be given to selected applicants accepted as new high school students into the Faculty of Arts and Science BA, BSc or BASc programs, regardless of major, for the 2012/2013 academic year. The applicant must be an active member of a 4-H Alberta club at the time of application, and have a permanent mailing address within the province of Alberta prior to enrollment at the UofL. The student must be registered for the Spring 2013, in addition to the Fall 2012 semester, to receive the funds. Winners will be chosen by random draw, with only one entry per person accepted. Selection and notification of the 4-H Alberta Entrance Awards will occur by July 1.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://www.uleth.ca/ross/student-finance/external-awards
OYF Memorial Scholarship
Deadline Jun 30
Canada’s Outstanding Young Farmers Program is proud to introduce the OYF Memorial Scholarship, to be awarded annually to an individual pursuing post secondary education in agriculture. This scholarship has been made possible through the foresight of one of our alumni, Martin Streef (Ontario 1996). Martin’s dedication to agriculture and the OYF program will help future generations to pursue their own passion for agriculture.
Two $1000 scholarships awarded annually
One scholarship will be awarded to an individual entering post secondary education from high school. The
second scholarship will be awarded to an individual who has already completed at least one year of post
Open to any individual in Canada pursuing post secondary education leading to a diploma or degree in agriculture.
How to Apply:
Each applicant will be required to fill out this application form and forward it and the other requirements to the OYF Program Manager by June 30th
Joan Cranston, OYF Program Manager
37 Carluke Rd. E., R.R. # 2
Ancaster, ON L9G 3L1
Tronia Post-Secondary Scholarships
Deadline Oct 3
Tronia is proud to offer two $1,000 scholarships that are awarded annually to students who demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities through school and community involvement while maintaining a superior academic standing. Tronia Systems looks forward to supporting the agribusiness industry with these incentives to our managers of the future.
2015 Scholarships Eligibility
This competition is open to all students enrolled in an agribusiness or related program. Recipients will be chosen based on leadership qualities, demonstrated involvement in extracurricular and community activities, and academic standing.
To apply for the scholarships, you must:
- provide proof of enrollment at a recognized Canadian institution in agribusiness or a related field
- possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated by community or school involvement
- have an academic average of 80% or higher in the last semester or last
How to Apply
335 Carleton Drive
ST. ALBERTA AB T8N 7L1
Toll Free: 888-987-6642 (North America only)
AltaLink launched the Centennial Scholarship program for rural students at post-secondary institutions throughout Alberta.
The $2,000 awards are available to students who hail from a rural Alberta community and are available to students attending SAIT, Bow Valley College, Lethbridge Community College, Red Deer College, Olds College and NAIT.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Deadline - Apr 15 - studies start in the Spring
Deadline - Aug 15 - studies start in the Fall
Deadline - Dec 15 - studies start in the Winter
Scholarships up to $3,000 are available for technical or trades training related to the oil and natural gas industry.
Q: Who is eligible to apply?
Students in communities where Canadian Natural has operations are eligible to apply. Priority will go to those applicants seeking training in trades and technical areas related to the oil and natural gas industry. Potential for employment at field operations is an important consideration.
The Building Futures Scholarship Program accepts applications from students in all stages of their academic lives: mature students, part-time students, students with some post-secondary education, or those just finishing Grade 12. You need at least a C+ average and a commitment to maintain at least that average to be eligible.
Q: What type of training and education is Canadian Natural most interested in supporting?
The focus of the scholarship program is on training and education that will provide a student with career opportunities in oil and natural gas field operations. For example, previous scholarship winners have taken programs in such diverse areas as power engineering, mine operations, heavy equipment operations, instrumentation technology and petroleum engineering technology.
Q: Is there a set amout for each scholarship?
The amount of each scholarship is based upon student need as identified in the estimated expenses that must be submitted with each application. The Building Futures Advisory Committee, which includes representation from Aboriginal communities and Canadian Natural production, operations and community relations staff, has the flexibility to determine how many scholarships are awarded and their amounts. The maximum scholarship is $3,000.
Scholarship information found at: Buidling Futures Scholarship Brochure
Scholarship application found at: Building Futures Scholarship Application
Building Futures: A great place to start - Training and Education Program
Excellence in Ag Program
Deadline Oct 15
The scholarship has a value of up to $20,000, with up to $5,000 per year paid over a maximum of four years.
The scholarship will be paid in instalments and is contingent upon successful completion of courses and internships.
Paid summer internships will be available for up to three years at a retail co-operative in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.
In addition to salary, a monthly living allowance will be provided for the length of the internship.
During an internship, students will be fully integrated into the agriculture team at a retail co-op. Their duties will relate to applying agronomy and performing customer service.
Upon successful completion of post-secondary education, students have the opportunity for full-time employment at a retail co-operative.
A signing bonus may be available for students accepting an offer of employment at a retail co-operative.
Employment will build upon the experience gained during summer internships.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Be entering or already enrolled in a diploma or degree program in agriculture or business at an accredited post-secondary institution
Maintain a minimum average of 75 per cent in the most recently completed full-time school year
Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent-resident status
How to apply
Please submit application and all necessary documents to
FCL Home Office by mail:
Crop Supplies - Excellence in Ag Program
Federated Co-operatives Limited
P.O. Box 1050
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See details at: www.coopag.ca
Stacey Levitt Award
Deadline Feb 29
On Line Application
The Stacey Levitt Memorial Award was created in memory and celebration of Stacey’s life by her family through Parachute. This annual student award encourages Canadian youth to embody Stacey’s qualities and ideals and Parachute’s overarching goal of a long life lived to the fullest, while maintaining an approach that is rooted in risk management and injury prevention.
The Levitt family will award the selected recipient $2,500 in funding to help them live their life to the fullest. The award could be put towards an educational endeavour, engagement in sports, or investment in a travel experience – all pursuits that would have resonated with Stacey. Award recipients are expected to write a reflection on the impact of the funding on their life, due within one year of the distribution of funds.
Open to all students currently attending a Canadian secondary school; applicants must complete an application package including:
A completed Application Form
A letter of recommendation from an individual with first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s involvement in their school or community.
Essay - This portion of the application should be a short essay that addresses the questions below. The essay should be a maximum of 2 pages in length, double-spaced and with font size 12.
- How do you demonstrate a long life lived to the fullest and how are you helping others to achieve this?
- How do you demonstrate Parachute’s goals and brand values of nobility, courage, and inclusivity?
- If successful, how do you intend to use the funding provided by the Stacey Levitt Memorial Award?
For more information:
Deadline Mar 1
CABEF (Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation) awards six $2,500 scholarship annually to students enrolling in an agricultural university or college. These scholarships are funded through general donations from agri-business and people involved in the agricultural industry.
Grade 12 students from across Canada are invited to apply for one of six scholarships awarded annually. One scholarship will be awarded inthe provinces of Alberta, Sasatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec, with one additional scholarship to be awarded in the rest of or all of Canada.
Applicants will be assessed on a combination of their leadership attributes, academic standing, and essay response to the question "Why am I pursuing a career in agriculture?"
For more information:
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- ALIS (Alberta Learning Information Service) - Scholarships and Bursaries
- Student Awards - scholarships, grants, cash awards - www.studentawards.com
- Scholarships Canada - www.scholarshipscanada.com
None availalbe at this time - please check back later for more information